Invite Melissa to your school, library, conference, or community event.
With over 15 years of experience as an educator, Melissa offers engaging presentations for both young people and adults. Skilled at working with diverse communities and a range of language and literacy backgrounds, Melissa expertly uses the book to:
- Teach about the rich history of Oakland and the San Francisco Bay Area
- Connect readers with urban creeks and local watersheds
- Offer a culturally relevant teaching tool that honors indigenous voices and reflects diverse experiences
- Inspire people to engage in their communities and environments
- Develop understanding about the writing and publication process